What is HIPAA?
HIPAA is the acronym for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and the term is also frequently used to mean the many regulations, which have been published into since 1996 under the law. The HIPAA regulations, including the much publicized Patient Privacy and Security regulations, are a series of legislation that portray the US Government’s efforts to regulate the healthcare industry.
HIPAA insists that any organization that stores or transmits patient information must take enterprise-wide steps to adhere to HIPAA’s sweeping privacy, security and transactions standards. Essentially, HIPAA requires healthcare entities to ensure that they protect personal health information and the privacy rights of patients.
We are HIPAA Compliant!
Under HIPAA’s Privacy Rule, BlissMD Healthcare solutions is a Business Associate. A Business Associate (BA) is any person(s) or entity, which performs a function or activity on behalf of a Covered Entity (CE) and involves the use or disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI). At BlissMD Healthcare solutions, we are very serious about compliances and we have undertaken various steps and designed our process to ensure we are fully compliant. We respect all patient information provided by the healthcare provider and all reports generated by BlissMD Healthcare solutions for the healthcare provider would be kept strictly confidential. BlissMD Healthcare solutions will not disclose any information or reports to any other person, without a written permission from the healthcare provider.
The electronic processing and transfer of a healthcare provider’s data via modem is encrypted and password protected to ensure privacy and confidentiality. Security is strictly ensured through transmission of data on dedicated lines and through the installation of firewalls to detect attempts at unauthorized access to its servers. Your privacy and security are given the highest priority at BlissMD Healthcare solutions and we do ensure that all the changes and updates made by HIPAA are properly and correctly communicated amongst the team to ensure highest standards of security and confidentiality.
- Access cards and bio-metric access screening control entry of employees into the premises. Our premises is manned 24 X 7 and unauthorized intrusion is practically impossible.
- Access to the critical areas such as server room is restricted and only authorized personnel have entry rights to these sensitive areas.
- Full access to the Internet/Email is provided only to the authorized personnel. Access to the computer systems is restricted by logins and passwords, which is unique for each and every employee.
- Violation of this agreement warrants termination and legal action.
- A completely paperless environment – mainly for security and as a consequence, a ‘Go-Green’ initiative as well.
- The Connection to the clients servers are through secure site-site VPN tunnels with 128-bit encryption.
- A dedicated Compliance Officer ensures compliance management processes, which are updated regularly and are stringently adhered to.